Last updated 20th March 2017.
Many people aim to have bright rooms to promote interior space. Bright rooms seem larger even if the actual floor areas are not as large. However, bright rooms affect viewing media on television due to screen reflection and others.
TV manufacturers somehow solved this issue by producing plasma televisions with hefty price tags. Fortunately, numerous manufacturers started to produce LED and LCD TVs that work well in bright rooms at lower prices than plasma televisions. Seven of these models are the following.
Best TV For Bright Room
|Samsung UN60F7500||Features LED display with 60” screen; works great in bright rooms - no need to adjust lighting; 3D support feature and 16:9 aspect ratio with loads of various media.||Very Good||Mid-Range||4.5 / 5|
|LG 55LF6100||Utilizes LED display for vivid image display; 55” screen ideal for high definition videos; has the same number of ports & Smart TV feature.||Very Good||Low||4.25 / 5|
|Samsung UN78KS9500||Curved television good for watching shows regardless of viewing angles; colors are vivid without compromising comfort; Packs a punch with Quad-Core and Quantum Dot Color technology.||Very Good||High||4.25 / 5|
|Sony XBR55X810C||Model supports 4K HD screen resolution; ultra HD feature allows viewing 4K videos; 55” television with Smart TV feature; among the cheapest LED TVs for bright rooms with enough features for total entertainment even if it doesn’t have 3D technology support.||Very Good||Mid-Range||4.75 / 5|
|LG 49UB8200||Offers three screen sizes, ideal for those starting their home theatre; presents quality features with LED display & multiple ports; supports 2060p resolution & 60Hz refresh rate + various Smart TV channels.||Very Good||Mid-Range||4.5 / 5|
|Vizio E65-C3||Equipped with LED display technology, 65” screen ideal for home theatre; features 240Hz refresh rate & 16:09 aspect ratio; also provides multiple media display + 4 HDMI ports.||Excellent||Mid-Range||4.75 / 5|
|LG 55LB7200||Features 55” screen that delivers vivid images using 1080p resolution; has Smart TV options - various digital channels + WebOS; free accessories include 2 passive 3D glasses for 3D shows + Magic Remote.||Very Good||Very High||4.5 / 5|
Best Anti Glare TVs
Utilizing LED display technology, this Samsung model’s screen measures to 60 inches, which guarantees full entertainment in viewing television shows and films. Since it works great in bright rooms, no need to worry about maximizing your home theater experience like adjusting lighting or installing other home features that can regulate light inside a room. This television also delivers crisp images with its 1080p full HD support. You can also enjoy 3D films with its 3D support feature and 16:9 aspect ratio.
Take advantage of loading various media through its multiple media ports. This model offers three USB ports, 4HDMI ports, and Smart TV features for better viewing.
Price Point: Moderate.
Made by one of the leading brands in electronics, LG 55LF6100 television is one of the top competitors for quality televisions for bright rooms. It also utilizes LED display that ensures vivid image display when watching. Its 55-inch screen size is also ideal for displaying 1080p videos, which means high definition videos will appear as crisp as they are when displayed.
It has the same number of ports and Smart TV feature as the previous Samsung model, but it doesn’t support 3D videos. Refresh rate is also lower at 120Hz rate.
Price Point: Low.
Samsung UN78KS9500 4K Ultra HD Smart LED TV (2016 Model)
This model is the newer edition of the 2014 model UN78HU9000. The 2016 version, the UN78KS9500, is one of the brand’s curved television, the latest feature offered in brand new televisions, especially those released in 2014 and until now. With its curved face, viewers are able to watch shows on television regardless of their angles in viewing the display. They will see vivid colors and images without compromising comfort.
When it comes to specifications and features, it has the latest in advanced colour technology for a crystal-clear (almost unreal!) picture quality, Smart TV support, HDMI and USB ports and packs a punch with Quad-Core and Quantum Dot Color technology. If this model has downside, it’s the hefty price tag that comes along its impressive features. Dimensions are 68.7 x 17.3 x 43.8 inches.
Price Point: High.
Also a leading name in electronics, Sony matches up competitors by making this television meant for bright rooms. Just like Samsung UN78HU9000, this model supports 4K HD screen resolution. This Ultra HD feature allows users to view 4K videos that many devices take today. This 55-inch television has 120Hz native refresh rate, but it also has an effective Motionflow X960 as refresh rate.
Viewing different media through this display is also possible with its three USB ports and four HDMI ports. Smart TV feature is also available and competes with today’s modern television choices. It’s also one of the cheapest LED televisions for bright rooms with enough features for total entertainment even if it doesn’t have 3D technology support.
Price Point: Low-Moderate.
LG Electronics 49UB8200 4K Ultra HD Smart LED TV
Another product from LG Electronics, the 40UB8200 is designed for those who are now looking for a good television on a budget. This TV’s screen size measures at 40-inch, making it an ideal television for those who are just starting their home theater at home or for those with smaller interior space. However, this model shows that it’s possible to present quality features in a smaller package. It supports 2060p resolution and 60Hz refresh rate. It also sports LED display technology and multiple ports for loading media from various sources.
It also supports various Smart TV channel such as Netflix, Hulu Plus and YouTube, allowing users to enjoy digital television shows on larger displays. Buyers can opt to get this model in three screen sizes (49″ 55″ 60″).
Price Point: Low.
Vizio’s name may not be as large as the other global brands, but it definitely proves that it has the goods in competing with other popular names in electronics. A good example of its amazing product is the E65-C3 model. Powered by LED display technology, this 65-inch television is an amazing piece to use for home theater. It has 240Hz refresh rate and aspect ratio of 16:09. Watching different media from various sources is also possible with its HDMI and USB ports. However, this model offers one USB port, which is a lot lesser than what other models have. Luckily, it has four HDMI ports like other brands.
Price Point: Moderate.
Also from the leading brand comes the 55LB7200 model with amazing features ideal for modern TV viewers. Aside from its 55-inch screen size, this model also delivers vivid images through its 1080p resolution. Smart TV options include different digital channels and WebOS that allow viewers to watch internet shows online.
Although this model only has three HDMI ports, it matches competitors with its free accessories included two passive 3D glasses for viewing 3D shows and Magic Remote.
Price Point: Moderate.
Getting a good television for bright room is not a problem anymore as various brands came up with models that deliver crisp images and colors without compromising quality. But as expensive purchases, buyers need to be fully informed in buying these televisions to ensure quality and value for money.
Bright Room TV Buying Guide
When choosing a TV to buy, it sometimes comes down on the size of the screen and how much it actually cost. But for most people, it is the additional feature that comes with the TV and it is always a better option spending a little extra which to get that additional benefit. Now, if you want to get more out your TV, then here are the top things you need to consider before spending your money.
1. TVs come in many different models which you might sometimes notice in your viewing experience. A TV may be Plasma, LCD, LED, and OLED which the color and contrast delivery will slightly differ. When you are planning a cinema-type of viewing, then a plasma TV is your best option. It also provides a wide viewing angle for anyone watching beside you. Next is the LCD or more commonly known as Liquid Crystal Displays which currently are the cheapest option but it has a limited viewing angle. Also, LCD TVs have a slow frame rate which is not recommended for gaming.
LED TVs are similar to an LCD TV, the only thing changed is the backlight that uses LED to make it less power-consuming. Now, for the OLED TVs. This is entirely different from LCD and LED TVs as it uses Organic Emitting Diodes to produce an image that is sharper and high contrast. OLED TVs are also very expensive but if you want the best there is, this will be on the top of your list.
2. The TVs aspect ratio is also to be considered since it is simply the ratio of a television’s width to its height. This has no particular effect on the quality of the image created by the TV. Most modern TV will be in a form of a widescreen format which is sometimes known as 16:9 ratio. If you are watching old movies with 4:3 ratio, then you will notice dark areas on both sides of the screen and you can’t fully utilize your TV from that point.
3. Next, is the color depth and color reproduction. If you are looking for a real bargain-priced TV, you may want to make sure that you get one with a bit depth of at least 8 bits per channel or more. With particular emphasis on “per channel”, this will ensure that the TV is able to create enough colors to satisfy the human eye and present photo-realistic images.
4. The contrast ratio is another thing to look into when buying a TV. Many companies determine the contrast ratio of their TVs very differently. The contrast ratio is simply the difference in brightness between the darkest black and whitest white the TV can produce. With a low contrast ratio, black areas of an image might appear more like a washed-out gray, or bright areas may lack vibrance. If you are looking into contrast ratios of a particular TV, then choosing the one with a high contrast ratio is always better.
5. Input lag may not be that important for the regular consumer, but if you plan to use your TV for games then this will have an effect on your gaming experience. Input lag is the time gap between an input going into the TV and the TV creating the image, and this is measured in milliseconds. The greater the lag, the further behind the screen is from what is actually happening in the game.
6. Next is the refresh rate of the TV. The refresh rate is the number of times the image on the screen is refreshed per second. It’s measured in hertz, so you might see 60Hz, 120Hz, or even 144Hz on higher-end models. Higher refresh rates will create a smoother flow between images and reduce motion blur, which is great option if you watch a lot of action movies. A high refresh rate can also be good for gaming.
7. Finally, the inputs of what your TV can accommodate. What is important is that you know what you will be trying to connect to your TV. If the TV has a coaxial F connector, you don’t need to worry about it if you only plan on plugging things in via HMDI, USB or RCA ports that typically has plenty of it that comes with your TV.