Have you ever been in a store looking for the perfect TV to place in your living room, only to be bombarded by all these models and so little time to shop? Have you ever been confused by the specs these displays show off, or unsure even if the set is playing out a demo, either pre programmed or from a USB stick?
If you have a big well lit room, then you might consider a 60” TV. TVs these days have so much feature to provide you. Connect it to a game console, a home entertainment system or connect it straight to the internet. What’s good is that you can enjoy all these on a screen that’s big enough to see everything.
Here are 7 of the best TVs of this size you can buy under $1,000. Go through them before shopping for your next TV, so you wouldn’t be caught unprepared when hunting for that right kind of set.
Top 60 Inch TVs Under $1000
- 1 Top 60 Inch TVs Under $1000
- 2 TV Buying Guide
7. LG Electronics 60LF6100 60-Inch 1080p LED Smart TV
This has almost everything you will need on a TV. With its Smart TV functionality, you can connect to your favorite social networking sites and internet content. TruMotion 120Hz allows you crisper pictures that let you enjoy fast, action packed movies and awesome effects. Because it is Energy Star qualified, it is more energy efficient, watch TV for hours without worry. Keep it on, idle or let it sleep. Inputs at the back allow for 3 HDMI cables, 3 USB ports, component and composite jacks, a LAN, optical Digital audio and RF.
6. Sharp LC-60LE660 60-Inch Aquos 1080p 120Hz Smart TV
This Smart TV uses SmartCentral Apps to surf the internet, Offers connectivity to a smartphone as well. Beautiful HD pictures are delivered all the time, making your viewing experience as wonderful as possible. This product also meets Energy Star qualifications. Child-lock feature, noise reduction and a sleep timer are among its better features.
5. Seiki SE65GY25 65-Inch 1080p 120Hz LED TV
Although this TV does not have Smart TV functionality, don’t fret, it’s not the end of the world. Inputs are 3 HDMI ports, 1 USB and a VGA port. You can use the screen as a PC monitor, connect it to most cable boxes, entertainment systems. Should you encounter any problems, or raise any questions, Seiki provides toll free customer service.
4. LG Electronics 60LN5400 60-Inch 1080p 120Hz LED TV
No Smart TV function, yet again, the inputs at the back allow you most devices; You have 2 HDMI ports, 1USB, 1RF, components and Composite jacks, and an optical digital audio. The brightness and clarity on this model is beyond compare, being in full HD, enjoy hours of viewing pleasure. Energy Star qualified, so you know you’re saving energy and helping the environment. With a self-calibration mode, you don’t have to spend too much time adjusting the picture.
3. Sony XBR55X810C
The picture quality on this model is superb, the highs are high, and the lows are lows. The brightness does not go all the way as bright as other models, possibly with the purpose of protecting your eyesight. Nevertheless, this TV is highly recommended for gaming. As a TV, it’s top quality. It even has a smart TV functionality, using Android OS. The universal remote is also basic and easy to use. The abundance of inputs allow you to connect this TV to a multitude of other devices.
2. Vizio M55-C2
At 720p, expect a bit of fuzziness on the picture from time to time, however this TV is still very competitive. A lot of the other TVs we’ve featured are pretty good gaming TVs but this may not fare as well for gaming. The blurriness can be corrected by adjusting the resolution once you set it up. Which is not really of a hassle, since most of the time, people tend to customize the resolution to their preferences anyway. If you have a big bright room, this TV is perfect. The brightness on this model can catch up to a big bright room, so it’s not hard to the eyes.
1. Samsung J6300
Great picture quality at 1080p. The thin borders lets your TV blend into any room perfectly. Vibrant colors and fine contrast make for the best viewing experience you can get on this model. It fares pretty well with gaming, although we would say it can be better. Its smart TV functionality runs on Tizen Smart platform.
With options like these, we hope you get the best deal possible and bring home the perfect TV for your room. A lot of these top quality TVs do not need adjustments as their pre adjusted pictures are ok enough, but it wouldn’t hurt to find the best adjustments your eyes will be accustomed to. Until then, enjoy!
TV Buying Guide
A television set is almost everybody’s must-have in their homes. Here are the most important factors to consider when buying a TV:
- Invest in a TV with 4K resolution of higher, instead of looking for sets with 1080p or lower. This will ensure that your future in home entertainment is secured.
- You should expect to shell out around $500 for a 4K 50- to 55-inch TV, and at least $900 for a bigger model. The investment is often well worth it.
- Never purchase a model with a refresh rate of less than 120Hz.
- It is ideal to purchase a TV that is HDR compatible. This will allow you to enjoy better contrast and more realistic colors, making your whole viewing experience beyond comparison.
- OLED TVs may seem much better than the typical LCD LED, but they are more expensive.
- Search for a TV set with at least four HDMI ports. If you are looking for a 4K TV, which is highly recommended at the moment, look for a model with HDCP compatibility.
- Ignore the contrast-ratio specs. Trust your eyes.
- Curved TVs do not give you better image quality. They are merely a fashion statement that compliments your room.
- Plan to invest in a good quality sound bar as the built-in speakers will only give you less than satisfactory audio quality.
- Most TVs today are now smart TVs that give you easy access to online apps, such as Netflix. Never be trickled into realizing that this is a big deal.
- Avoid purchasing a TV with extended warranties as your credit card company may have purchase protection.